At Cherrytree Childcare we respect the privacy of the children attending the Club and the privacy of their Parents or Carers, as well as the privacy of our Staff. Our aim is to ensure that all those using and working at Cherrytree Childcare can do so with confidence that their personal data is being kept secure.
Cherrytree Childcare is required to collect, process and retain certain types of information to comply with the relevant legislation pertaining to our business.
This policy relates to the protection of Personally Identifiable Data (herein referred to as personal data), that is any piece of data that could identify an individual such as their name, address, date of birth, telephone number, parent’s names, email address.
This personal data must be handled in an appropriate manner, whether in paper form or online, to protect the privacy for those which it concerns.
We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) – registration number ZA257861
Our lead person for data protection is Sarah Moors. The lead person ensures that the Club meets the requirements of the GDPR, liaises with statutory bodies when necessary, and responds to any subject access requests.
Within the Club we respect confidentiality in the following ways:
· We will only ever share information with a Parent about their own Child.
· Information given by Parents to Club staff about their Child will not be passed on to third parties without permission unless there is a safeguarding issue (as covered in our Safeguarding Policy).
· Concerns or evidence relating to a Child’s safety, will be kept in a confidential file, securely stored and will not be shared within the Club, except with Cherrytree Staff.
· Staff only discuss individual children for purposes of planning, group management and safeguarding.
· Staff are made aware of the importance of confidentiality during their induction process.
· Issues relating to the employment of Staff, whether paid or voluntary, will remain confidential to those making personnel decisions.
· All personal data is stored securely in a lockable file / locked storage/ on a password protected computer / passcode- locked phone.
· Students on work placements and Volunteers are informed of our Data Protection policy and are required to respect it.
Information that we keep
The items of personal data that we keep about individuals are documented on our personal data audit. The personal data audit is reviewed annually to ensure that any new data types are included.
Children and Parents
We hold only the information necessary to provide a childcare service for each child. This includes child registration information, medical information, Parent contact information, attendance records, incident and accident records and so forth. Once a Child leaves our care we retain only the data required by statutory legislation and industry best practice, and for the prescribed periods of time. Electronic data that is no longer required is deleted and paper records are disposed of.
We keep information about Employees in order to meet HMRC requirements, and to comply with all other areas of employment legislation. We retain the information after a member of Staff has left our employment for the recommended period of time, then it is deleted or destroyed as necessary.
Sharing information with third parties
We have an information sharing agreement between Vale School/Parent’s and Carer’s and Cherrytree Childcare. We use this information for planning purposes, Ofsted requirements and safeguarding.
We will only share Child information with outside agencies on a need-to-know basis and with consent from Parents, except in cases relating to safeguarding children, criminal activity, or if required by legally authorised bodies (eg Police, HMRC, Ofsted etc). If we decide to share information without Parental consent, we will record this in the Child’s file, clearly stating our reasons.
We will only share relevant information that is accurate and up to date. Our primary commitment is to the safety and well-being of the children in our care.
Some limited personal information is disclosed to authorised third parties we have engaged to process it, as part of the normal running of our business, for example in order to manage our online bookings, prepare invoices, process payments, provide online training, and to manage our payroll and accounts. Any such third parties comply with the strict data protection regulations of the GDPR.
Subject access requests
· Parents/Carers can ask to see the information and records relating to their Child, and/or any information that we keep about them.
· Staff and Volunteers can ask to see any information that we keep about them.
· We will make the requested information available as soon as practicable and will respond to the request within one month at the latest.
· If our information is found to be incorrect or out of date, we will update it promptly.
· If any individual about whom we hold data has a complaint about how we have kept their information secure, or how we have responded to a subject access request, they may complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) by writing to:
Information Commissioner’s Office
Or via their website ico.org.uk
We comply with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018, regarding obtaining, storing and using personal data.